Lonavala the go-to Place for the Fun with Family During Monsoons
Lonavala is a lovely hill station near Mumbai and Pune and is a perfect weekend getaway for Mumbai-Kars who wants to steal a few moments of tranquility during weekend. The place is magnificent, especially during monsoons with hills, valleys, lakes and waterfalls and is a haven for trekkers and hikers. Lonavala is situated in Sahyadri hills and it is for sure an exceptional destination with lush green forests, cascading waterfalls and deep blue lakes with dams. If you want to bask in the lap of Mother Nature and feel tranquility overtake your heart, then Lonavala is just the place for you. When planning the trip from Mumbai to Lonavala, make sure to visit Khandala and Rajmachi which are situated on the way to Lonavala. There are several places of interest in Lonavala like Ryewood Lake, Rajmachi fort, Karla caves, Bushi dam; Bhaja caves are few among others.
Lonavala is a very small hilly town which has picturesque landscapes and several natural sites where one can enjoy adventure sports and activities, so boost your adrenaline rush and enjoy a thrilling yet peaceful holiday in this lovely destination. The town is very famous for locally produces chikki or a hard candy and you can relish it or take it with you when visiting the place. Lonavala and Khandala are twin hill stations which are splendid weekend destinations and one can feel the tranquility and bliss within their souls when visiting the place. Adventure seekers from Mumbai to Lonavala can have a splendid time during monsoons as the place is full of unlimited adventurous activities. The place is so mesmerizing that you will cherish the beauty in your heart forever.
Places to visit:
• Della Adventure Park: this adventure park is located in Kunegaon and is one of the largest adventure parks in the country spread across a whopping 5 acres. The place offers around 70 adventure activities to appease your adventurous heart and you can enjoy them feeling stress free of all the tensions of city life. The park offers two types of passes, day pass and jumbo pass depending on the types of activities you plan to perform.
• Rajmachi fort: it is the topmost in the places of interest when visiting Lonavala as the place is full of great ancient architectural buildings which are constructed and designed magnificently. The fort is located on a hill top in Sahyadri hills and is one of the must visit places. Two twin fortresses are also situated in Rajmachi namely Shriwardhan Ballekilla and Manaranjan Ballekilla. These forts are surrounded by a plateau situated near village Udhewadi. It is a hub for adventure seekers, nature lovers, campers and other tourists as the region is simply amazing with greenery all around. During monsoon the place becomes mystical with mist, lush green forests and cascading waterfalls.
• Trekking to Lohagad fort: Lohagad fort near Lonavala is a stunning place for trekking and you can feel the adrenaline gushing inside you when trekking for a day in Lohagad. Once you reach at the top of the hill, you can spot the exhilarating view of the fort that splits Pavna and Indrayani basins. Bask in the ancient architecture full of stories from the Peshwa period and feel excited while climbing the five km hilly tracks starting from Malavli.
• Kamshet: if you love adventure sports like trekking, Paragliding, hiking or camping then Kamshet is the best place for you. You can experience unlimited thrill and excitement in Paragliding across the mountains or trekking and hiking in the area. Trekking in Kamshet is quite enthralling as you can explore several places while trekking like Karla caves, Bedsa caves, Wadeshwar temple, Bhaja caves, Sangameshwar temple, Kondeshwar temple, Pawna Lake and Vadivale Lake, which are exotic places to picture during the trek. Pawna Lake is a camping site where you can rest for the night, after long tracks in Kamshet.
• Hot Air balloon Safari in Lonavala: if you are keen to try new adventures then take a trip into the sky with Hot Air Balloon Safari in the hill station. Enjoy full one hour flight into the misty skies of Lonavala and behold the sight of lush green meadows, gigantic mountains, mysterious valleys and spectacular lakes and cherish them in your soul forever. You can enjoy several other activities and tourist spots like waterfall rappelling and trekking, visit to Pawna dam, a trip to Duke’s nose, tour into Durshet to spot animals and birds, visit forts of Ghangad and Tailbaila and a trip to Koraigad fort. Your trip from Mumbai to Lonavala is sure to be eventful with so many places to stopover and relish.